Peter J. Kaufman, DMD, is an oral surgeon in Sarasota who specializes in oral surgery and dental implants. When it comes to providing exceptional services, we give you something to smile about.
Dr. Kaufman prides himself on rendering personal care and attention to detail. Many therapies are available, and choosing the best treatment for a specific condition requires knowledge of treatment alternatives and experience. He will explain the necessary care, as well as treatment options for each patient.
Only after the patient fully understands the factors involved in rendering optimal care, will treatment begin. For that reason, a personal consultation is suggested for anyone who needs unique care or has medical concerns or conditions that require specialized care. Dr. Kaufman will work with your personal dentist or physician to ensure the best possible care.
Dr. Kaufman is fully trained in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery and has practiced the full scope of the specialty. Currently, he limits his practice to:
- Impacted and malposed teeth
- The placement of dental implants and associated grafting procedures when and where indicated
- Oral/facial diagnosis of unusual problems, including pain of non-dental origin, growths, and other lesions of the mouth and face
- Utilization of local and regional anesthesia, nitrous oxide, and intravenous sedation
- Diagnostic biopsies
- Rendering necessary care to people with complicated medical conditions, including close consultation with other managing doctors
- Utilizing conventional and in-office CAT scanning when indicated
- Providing second opinions when requested